Monday, May 25, 2020

Spelling Poem #34: My Spring Garden

This weekend was pretty nice and warm!  I hope that you got to go outside for a little bit of fresh air.  If you go out to the parks or in your neighbour hood, remember to practice social distancing.  We can all have fun while staying safe :)

I have a poem for you called “My Spring Garden”.  Have you noticed that a lot of flowers and trees are starting to bloom and bud?  The warmer weather means that plants are growing again!  Are you growing anything in your garden?  I am trying to grow some herbs...this is what I have so far...they started from seeds!  As you can seem I’m growing sweet basil, parsley, and chives.  I cant wait for them to get bigger!  

Photo by My Tryventures in Toronto, Ontario. Image may contain: plant

Here is the poem and Additional Questions.



Spelling Words:
1) garden
2) seeds
3) little
4) clouds
5) round
6) sleepy
7) rake
8) handy
9) warm
10) grow

Additional Questions:

1) What is another word for “sow”?

________________________________________________
2) Which tools are being used to garden in the poem?

_________________________________________________


3) What does it mean “Little plants will wake up soon, and lift their sleepy heads.”?  What is happening?

__________________________________________________

4) Make a sentence with the following words:

warm: ________________________________________________

round: ________________________________________________

clouds: _______________________________________________

sleepy: ________________________________________________

grow: __________________________________________________

5) If you had your own garden, what seeds would you plant in it and why?

______________________________________________________

BONUS: Plants need water to grow.  Do you remember the water cycle?  Draw it out for me!




No comments:

Post a Comment