Monday, June 15, 2020

Spelling Poem #37: My Senses

This week, I have a poem about our senses!  How many senses do we have?  If you said 5, you are correct.  They are your sense of smell, sight, touch, taste, and hearing.  Which sense do you think you can never live without?  Our bodies are amazing and by using these senses we are able to experience the world around us!  Sometimes, we take these for granted!





Spelling Words:
1) sight
2) taste
3) smell
4) touch
5) sound
6) sense
7) body
8) confuse
9) help
10) suspense

Additional Questions:

1) Fill in the blanks:

_ u s _ _ _ c e

s _ u _ d

_ o d _

_ _ _ f _ s e

2) Write a sentence with the following words:

Help: ________________________________

Body: _______________________________

Sense: ______________________________

3) How many sense do we have?  List them and draw the body part that we use for each one.

4) Describe Spring using your 5 senses....what do you hear in Spring?  What does Spring smell like?  What does Spring look like?  What does Spring feel like?  What does Spring taste like?

5)  Using your five sense, describe something else and see if I can guess what it is!

For example, I have one for you:
I am red.  When you bite into me, I am crunchy and juicy.  When you touch me, I am smooth and round.  I smell sweet.  What am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment